If you’re not in a ministry wives discussion group, maybe now is the time to start! Especially if you think you haven’t got time for one!!! Here’s a few thoughts to get you started:
- Try to meet once a month or two
- Try to meet up at a time and place where you are freed from the distraction of small children, phone calls etc
- Have something concrete to discuss, but something that involves little or no preparation. You could start with one of the series from the In Tandem blog – see below for descriptions of some of their series. They are short and great discussion starters.
- Allow time for praying for one another
- Still not sure if it’s worth the effort? Why not read this short article Not Quickly Broken by Mary Hee about the why’s and how’s of being in a support group. A Christian psychiatrist also discusses the health benefits of being in a support group. Click here for the full article.
- If you’d like to be networked with another women or a small group for support in ministry life, please contact us.